Town hall (drainage) has been scheduled for May 9, 2013

Town hall (drainage) has been scheduled for May 9, 2013

Postby BQ_Civics » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:24 pm

Councillor Iveson has informed us about a meeting on last summer's flooding

Subject: Drainage and Flooding information - follow up
Date: 2013-03-19 23:57
To: Don Iveson <Don.Iveson@edmonton.ca>

Dear interested Citizens of Ward 10,

Apologies again for the mass email but I wanted to get you all some key information following up from the storms and flooding we experienced this past summer.

We discussed Drainage Services ongoing work at a high level at the Utility Committee last Thursday and I wanted to provide you a quick update:

The next town tall has been scheduled for May 9 from 7-9pm at the Royal Gardens Community Hall (4030 - 117 St NW) by which time there may be some more specifics. I plan to be there.

If you like you can review the recording of the discussion here after clicking on the link for item 6.5: http://sirepub.edmonton.ca/sirepub/mtgv ... ype=AGENDA

Also, the text reports are here: http://sirepub.edmonton.ca/sirepub/agdo ... emid=32180

But the highlights are that the preliminary work identifies several additional upgrades over and above those previously planned in the 2006 Flood Prevention Program, which arose out of the big 2004 storm.

As you can see from the attached map there are several sewer upgrades proposed as well as a dry pond for Parkallen and a combined water hazard and storm water storage pond at the Derrick Golf Club.

Details are not firm on all this yet but this is promising. Engineering studies will proceed in the coming months and we will get more information as that work continues.

Meanwhile, the next town tall has been scheduled for May 9 from 7-9pm at the Royal Gardens Community Hall (4030 - 117 St NW) by which time there may be some more specifics. I plan to be there.

Drainage Services indicated that most of these larger works will require new budget commitments and would proceed in future years. However, without getting into specifics, they also indicated that there were some small upgrades proposed that would occur this year.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Yours,

-Don

Don Iveson
EDMONTON CITY COUNCILLOR, WARD 10
1 Sir Winston Churchill Square, Edmonton, AB T5J 2R7
BQ_Civics is the Community League's Civics Director's User Name
BQ_Civics

Return to City Hall