One of the biggest in the City, the Blue Quill Community Hall is available for renting on Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays.
The Main Hall and Kitchen
There is a large main hall, complete with a full-sized kitchen, that can hold up to 205 people for events that are licensed or have food present. The capacity of this room is larger for events without food or drink - please inquire.
The upstairs loft at BQCL is an ideal meeting space as it can accommodate up to 60 seated and has tables, chairs, a sink and full A/V services (projector, screen, laptop video/audio hook-ups, satellite, blu-ray player).
Two smaller rooms in the basement are available to rent as well.
Located in South Edmonton just off of Saddleback Road and 25 Avenue, the BQCL Hall is easily accessible from 111 street or 23 Ave. We have PLENTY of parking. Click here for a map.
** Rates are effective January 1, 2016, and apply to all rooms. Rentals start at 9 am.
How to Rent the Hall
- Send an email or call the BQCL Hall Rental and Information Line at
(780) 438-3366, and leave a message telling us when you'd like to rent the hall (think of giving us 2 preferred dates) and where/when we can get in touch with you.
- If interested, arrange a viewing with the BQCL Hall Representative (takes about 30 minutes).
- If you want to commit to a date, issue a current-dated cheque (or cash) for the amount required (daily or hourly if applicable), payable to Blue Quill Community League. This cheque (or cash) will be deposited immediately. A successful deposit (i.e. no returned cheques) will constitute a commitment to rent the facilities to the renter by BQCL.
- If liquor is to be served, then prior to the rental date, a Liquor License and Liquor Liability Insurance (minimum $1,000,000.00) must be purchased, and proof of such must be faxed to the BQCL Hal Rental Coordinator. You can get Liquor Liability Insurance from PAL Insurance Brokers at 1-800-661-1608. Please note: this is not a recommendation, just a point in the right direction.
- Prior to the rental date, pick up the key and leave a $500.00 CASH damage deposit. A receipt will be issued.
- After rental, the BQCL Hall Rental Coordinator will do a quick inspection of the hall to ensure it has been cleaned back to the way it was rented out. Deductions will be made from the damage deposit for failure to tidy up (outlined in the Rental Agreement).
- Key is returned, and damage deposit will be refunded (less any applicable charges). You will then sign a a Damage Deposit Refund slip to BQCL stating that you received the damage deposit back.
Bookings can only be cancelled by the person who booked the rental.
You can view the BQCL Hall Rental Agreement here.
You can view the Renter's Responsibility Charter here