The Society of Blue Quill Playschool is looking for a Teacher Assistant for the 2021/2022 year to start September 1, 2021. Blue Quill Playschool aims to provide a safe, affordable, high quality educational program where children have opportunities to create, think, explore, and discover through play in a nurturing environment. Since play is an important aspect of childhood, it is instrumental in the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development of children. Our program is play-based and provides a friendly, fun environment in which preschool aged children can acquire social skills.
The Teacher Assistant (TA) helps deliver the playschool program. The primary role is to support the teacher working with individual, or groups of, students. The TA works alongside and under the guidance of the teacher.
The General Duties of the TA are as follows:
- Deal tactfully with staff, students, parents and the public.
- Be knowledgeable and supportive of the applicable Board policies.
- Supervise students in the classroom, hallway, during play and recreational activities and outdoor trips.
- Supervise learning activities.
- Assist individual and groups of students in performing activities initiated by the teacher.
- Reinforce learning in small groups or with individuals, while the teacher works with other students.
- Collaborate in lesson planning with the teacher.
- Organize and file a variety of classroom materials and educational aids.
- Follow COVID-19 regulations, including social distancing as much as possible, mask wearing, and cleaning and disinfecting the classroom area, toys, and supplies.
- Attend board meetings on occasion.
- Ad hoc weekend work for events if planned.
- Perform other duties and tasks as required.
- Secondary School Graduate
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Valid Child Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CCPR) certificate Completed a child intervention record check
- Completed and cleared a criminal record check, with vulnerable sector searchAdditional Require
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with online meeting programs such as Zoom or Google Meet is an asset
- ECE Level 1 or 2
This is a full-time position at 34 hours per week. The term of the contract is between September 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022. The salary for this position will be based on education and experience. Salary range $15-20/hour. To apply to this position, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Prior to employment, successful candidates will be required to summit records check documents.