On November 24, Premier Jason Kenney issued a state of emergency for the province of Alberta. As a result, new mandatory restrictions were introduced to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in Alberta. These measures are in place until December 15th and do impact the way our Community Leagues can operate.
Reduced Office Hours
From November 30th to December 17th the BQCL office will be open on Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment only. The doors will be locked but if you need something, please call the office. The office will be closed from December 18th to January 4th for the Christmas break.
We understand that the rink is a great opportunity for people to be active so with that we are pleased to announce that the rink is OPEN! The lights will be on from 4:00PM to 8:30PM. Please ensure you are off the ice by 8:30PM so that the league can clean the ice for the next day. Our next goal is to create the smaller rink and will let you know when that is ready.
Due to the new mandatory restrictions, the following must be observed for the next 3 weeks:
- Only ten people allowed on the ice at one time per rink. Take a look at our rink cam before coming.
- Only free-skate activities allowed.
- Up to 10 people are allowed to play shinny as long as they abide by physical distancing and all public health measures
- Rink shacks and indoor amenities like bathrooms are closed.
- The league will not be running events or programs on the ice.
- Appropriate signage will be posted around the rink area to ensure members are aware of the current guidelines and restrictions.
We want everyone to be able to enjoy the winter activities but we also want you all to be healthy and safe. If you see anyone violating these restrictions, please contact 311.
There are dashboards that have been created to keep track of the statistics in Canada and our fair city – Edmonton. Check out the links below and keep yourself informed.